|Home||» Products||» DIRECTOR OF MAIZE RESEARCH (ICAR) PATENT DEVICES||» Spodoptera Rearing Cage|
We are a reputed organization that caters to the diversified requirements of clients by manufacturing and supplying Spodoptera Rearing Cage. This cage is used for rearing spodoptera frugiperda in laboratory. To manufacture this cage, our diligent workforce uses finest quality materials. Window provided on all the four sides of the cage maintains the requisite ventilation. Clients can avail this Spodoptera Rearing Cage from us in different sizes and finishing as per their requirements. We offer this cage at pocket friendly prices.
Spodoptera Rearing Cage (Ac-206)
* Spodoptera Sp. Can Be Group Reared Unlike Helicoverpa As There Is No Cannibalism. For The First 4-5 Days, The Larvae Are Reared Under The Inverted Petri-Dish Having Diet. Later, About Fifty Larvae Are Transferred To Spodoptera Rearing Cage
* Put The Sterilizered Sand In The Cage So As To Have About 20 Mm Thick Sand Layer.
* Set The Plastic Mesh In The Cage So As To Make Upward Curve.
* Put About 50 Larvae On The Sand Layer. Keep The Diet Cake On This Curve And Press The Lid So That The Diet Get Sand-Witched Between The Lid And The Mesh.
* The Larvae Will Climb And Feed On The Diet.
* The Excreta Falls On The Sand And It Is By No Mean Get Mixed Up With The Diet.
* The Moisture Of The Excreta Is Absorbed By The Sand Thus Chances Of Mould Development On Excreta Are Reduced.
* The Diet Quantity Can Be Observed Through The Windows Provided In The Sides Of The Cage. The Diet Can Be Replenished If It Is Used Up.
* Window Provided On All The Four Sides Of The Cage Maintains The Requisite Ventilation.
* After Larvae Development Is Complete They Fall On The Sand And Pupate Inside The Soil.
* The Pupae Are Collected, Washed And Sterilized In 0.05 Percent Sodium Hypochlorite Solution.